Saturday, May 12, 2007

Hi

I have been really excited about my very first internship in the last few weeks; this blog is a wonderful platform to get to know the rest of the interns, many of whom I suppose I will be meeting in a few days from now in Delhi. Thank You, Renu!

I also read the articles on the coolies in Delhi railway stations. I do not know if there are unlicensed coolies in Delhi, but there are many in Bangalore's railway stations. The large number of licensed coolies in Delhi, and also the fact that there is a Union of these workers goes to say that it is very difficult for the unlicensed workers to make a place for themselves here. In Bangalore, however, there is a comparitively lesser number of licensed coolies, and therefore also a comparitively larger number of unlicensed coolies.
Does that somewhat explain the large cost of the badges in Delhi?

Maybe I can make some enquiries as regards the prices of these badges in Bangalore stations...

No comments: